Ph.D. Condidate of Public Management, Human Resources Management, Department of Public Management, Faculty of Management, Tehran South Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Professor of Human Resources Management, Department of Public Management, Faculty of Management, Tehran South Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Professor of Public Administration, Allameh Tabatabaei University, Tehran, Iran
Professor of Management, Department of Management, Faculty of Management, Tehran South Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Document Type : Research Article (with quantitative approaches)
This research has been carried out within the framework of qualitative approach. By applying the research data base of the grounded theory. In order to collect data, the presented literature in employee brand discussions, employer brand and human resources branding evaluated and the first 20 companies in the list of the best companies for work in the magazine of sunday times in 2019 and Semi-structured interview have been designed using a targeted sampling method with 30 resource managers, resource specialists and staff members. Data analysis was performed in three stages: 1.open coding, 2.axial coding and 3.selective coding. The results show that 260 codes or initial concepts, 85 concepts and 23 categories have been extracted from surveys and interviews. that are based on a paradigmatic model including the main category (human resource system), causative conditions (internal brand, organization brand, Senior management support, talent identification), the platform of the ruler (the attitude of the staff to the organization and the staff towards the employees, the alignment of the resource system system with the organization's strategy, the competitive environment and the dynamic environment), the conditions of the intervention (uncontrollable prone to talented staff, -Not application of existing human resources system, organizational imbalance, inappropriate performance management, personal behaviors in organization, organization culture), strategies (Human resource management, process strategy), and outcomes (individual, organizational, national, and international).
- فراحی، محمدمهدی ( 1385) تأثیر همردیفی استراتژیهای رقابتی و استراتژیهای منابع انسانی بر عملکرد سازمان. پایاننامه کارشناسی ارشد. دانشگاه تهران، ایران.
- فراحی، محمد مهدی (1392) تبیین و ارائه مدل مدیریت برند منابع انسانی پژوهشی در آستان قدس رضوی. رساله دوره دکتری تخصصی مدیریت. دانشکده مدیریت، دانشگاه تهران، ایران.
- منصوریان، یزدان. (1386) گراندد تئوری چیسـت و چـه کـاربردی دارد؟ ارائـهشـده در همـایش علـم اطلاعـات و جامعـه اطلاعـاتی، اصـفهان: دانشگاه اصفهان.
- Aaker, D.A. (1991). Managing Brand Equity: Capitalizing on the Value of a Brand Name, New York: Free Press.
- Alniacik, Esra; Alniacik, Umit; Erat, Serhat; Akcin, Kultigin;(2014) Attracting Talented Employees to the Company: Do We Need Different Employer Branding Strategies in Different Cultures?, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 150, 336 – 344
- Ahmad, Fauziah Sh.; Quoquab, Farzana; Bahrun, Rohaizat; Mansour, Mohamad Naqiuddin Md.; (2014) Branding Leadership in Malaysian SMEs, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 130, 54 – 58
- Alniacik, Esra; Alniacik, Umit;(2012) Identifying dimensions of attractiveness in employer branding:effects of age, gender, and current employment status, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 58, 1336 – 1343
- Allen N (2003), “Organizational Commitment in the Military: A Discussion of Theory and Practice”, Military Psychology, Vol. 15, pp. 237-253.
- Ambler, T., and Barrow, S., (1996). The employer brand. Journal of Brand Management, 4 (3), 185- 206
- Armstrong, (2017). ARMSTRONG’S HANDBOOK OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT PRACTICE. Printed and bound in the UK by Ashford Colour press Ltd
- Bakanauskiene, I., Bendaraviciene, R., Krikstolaitis, R., & Lydeka, Z. (2011). Discovering an Employer Branding: Identifying Dimensions of Employer’s Attractiveness in University. Management of Organizations: Systematic Research, 59,22-7
- Backhaus, K., & Tikoo, S. (2004). Conceptualizing and researching employer branding. Career Development International, 9(5), 501-517.
- Barrow, Simon and Mosley, Richard (2005). The Employer Brand, Bringing the Best of Brand Management to People at Work. John Willy and Sons, Ltd
- Baum, T. (1995) Managing Human Resources in the European Tourism and Hospitality Industry: A Strategic Approach, Chapman and Hall, London.
- Blau, P. (1964), Exchange and power in social life. European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 46, No. 5, pp.626-62.
- Burmann, C, & Zeplin, S. (2005). Building brand commitment: a behavioral approach to internal brand management. Brand Management, 12(4), 279-299.
- Burmann, C, Zeplin, S, & Riley, N. (2009). Key determinants of internal brand management success: An exploratory empirical analysis. Journal of Brand Management, 16(4), 264-284.
- Burton, N.W. Pakenham, K.I. Brown, W.J. (2010). Feasibility and effectiveness of psychosocial resilience training: a pilot study of the READY program. Psychology, Health & Medicine. 15(3). 266–277.
- Chhabra, Neeti Leekha; Sharma, Sanjeev; (2011), Employer Branding: Strategy for Improving Employer Attractiveness”, International Journal of Organizational Analysis
- Collins, C. J., & Clark, K. D. (2003). Strategic human resource practices, top management team social networks, and firm performance: The role of human resource in creating organizational competitive advantage. Academy of Management Journal, 46(6): 740-751.
- Davis, S., & Dunn, M. (2002). Building the Brand-Driven Business: Operationalize Your Brand to Drive Profitable Growth San Francisco: Jossey Bass.
- Davies, G., Chun, R., & Kamins, M. A. (2010). Reputation gaps and the performance of service organizations. Strategic Management Journal, 31(5), 530–546.
- Drake, S.M., Gulman, M.J. and Roberts, S.M. (2005), Light their Fire, Dearborn, Chicago, IL. Gro¨nroos, C. (1990), Service Management and Marketing, Lexington Books, Lexington, MA.
- Gil, R, &., E. Fraj & E. Martinez Salinas, (2007); Family as a Source of Consumer-based Brand Equity, Journal of Product & Brand Management, 16(3), 188-199.
- Ghodeswar, B. M. (2008). Building Brand identity in competitive markets: a conceptual model, Journal of Product & Brand Management, 17(1), 4-12.
- Henkel, S. Tomczak, T. Eeitmann, M & Hermann, A. (2007); Managing brand consistent employee behaviour: relevance and managerial control of behavioural branding. Journal of Product & Brand Management, Vol. 16(5). 310 – 320.
- Herremans, I, John, K, Aggarwal, R. (2010). Linking advertising and brand value. Journal of Business Horizoms, 43(3), 19-26.
- Kapferer, J-N. (2008). The new strategic brand management: creating and sustaining brand equity long term (4th ed): London, England: Kogan page.
- Kapoor, V. (2010). Employer Branding : A Study of Its Relevance in India. Journal of Brand Management. 7(1/2), 51–75.
- Kopper , Denise Marie; Klein, Kristina and Volckner, Franziska., (2019), Gamifing employer branding: An integrating framework and research propositions for a new HRM approach in the digitized economy. Human Resource Management Review.
- Keller, K. (2008). Brands and Branding: Research Findings and Future Priorities. Journal of Marketing Science, 25(6), 740-759.
- Keller, K.L. (2006). Building strong brand: Three models for developing and implementing brand plans, University of Minnesota .
- Keller, K. L. (1993). Conceptualizing, measuring and managing customer based brand equity. Journal of Marketing, 57 (1), 1–22.
- Kimpakorn, N, & Tocquer, G. (2009). Employees' commitment to brands in the service sector: Luxury hotel chains in Thailand. Journal of Brand Management, 16(8), 532-544.
- Kim, Derrick & Sturman, C., Michaeal, (2012), HR Branding: How human resource can learn from product and service branding to improve attraction, selection and retention, Cornell Hospitality Report, 12(14), 6-17
- King, C, & Grace, D. (2010). Building and measuring employee-based brand equity. European Journal of Marketing, 44(7/8), 938-971.
- King, C., & Grace, D. (2012). Examining the antecedents ofpositive employee brand-relatedattitudes and behaviours. European Journal of Marketing, 46, 469-488.
- Lassar, Walfried, Banwari Mittal and Arun Sharma, (1995), “Measuring customer -based brand equity” Journal of consumer marketing, Vol. 12, NO. 4, pp. 11-19.
- Martin, G., & Beaumont, P. Doig, R. & Pate, J. (2004). Branding:A New PerformanceDiscourse for HR? European Management Journal, 23, 76–88.
- McDonald, E., & Sharp, B. (2000). Brand Awareness Effect on Consumer Decision Making for a Common, Repeat Research, 48(1), 5-15.
- Michaels, E., Handfiels-Jones, H. and Axelrod, B. (2002), The War for Talents, Harvard Business School Press, Boston, MA.
- Minchington, B. (2010). Employer Brand Leadership: A Global Perspective. Torrensville. Collective Learning Australia..
- Minchington, (2006). Employer Brand Leadership-A Global Perspective?, CLA Collective Learning Australia (pp. 69 91).Sidney:
- Mosly, R. (2007). Customer experience organizational culture and the employer brand. Brand Management, 15: 123-134
- Molk, Andreas and Auer, Manfred, (2018), Designing brands and managing organizational politics: A qualitative case study of employer brand creation, European Management Journal, pages 485-496
- Ong, LinDar(2011). “Employer Branding and its Influence on Potential Job Applicants Lin Dar On” Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 5(9): 1088-1092
- Papasolomou-Doukakis, I. (2003). Internal marketing in the UK retail banking sector: Rhetoric or reality? Journal of Marketing Management, 19(1/2), 197–224.
- Papasolomou, O. and Vrontis, D. (2006), “Building corporate branding through internal marketing: the case of the UK retail bank industry”, Journal of Product & Brand Management, Vol. 15 No. 1, pp. 37-47
- Priyadarshim, P.(2011 ), Employer Brand Image as Predictor of Employee Satisfaction, Affective Commitment & Turnover. The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 46(3), p. 510- 522.
- Prinsloo, K. (2008). Managing People for Competitive Advantage Masters Curiculum in Leadership, Performance and Change. Johannesburg: University of Johannesburg.
- Punjaisri, K, Wilson, A, & Evanschitzky, H. (2008). Exploring the Influences of Internal Branding on Employees' Brand Promise Delivery: Implications for Strengthening Customer-Brand Relationships. Journal of Relationship Marketing.7 (4), 407-424
- Sartain, L., & Schumann, M. (2006). Brand from the inside. San Francisco: Wiley
- SHAH, OLIVER (2019), The 100 Best Companies to Work For in the mid-size category (250-3,000 employees), The Sunday Times.
- Strauss, Anselm L., & Corbin, Juliet (1990), Basics of Qualitative Research: Grounded Theory Procedures and Techniques, Sage.
- Strauss, A. and Corbin, J. (2008). Basics of qualitative research: Techniques and procedures for developing grounded theory. (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Sullivan, J. (2002). Crafting a lofty employment brand: a costly proposition. ER Daily, November 25, available at: http://www.ere.net/2002/11/25/crafting-a-lofty-employment-brand-a-costly-proposition/ (accessed April 13, 2015).
- Taylor, S., Hunter, G.,& Lindberg, D. (2007). Understanding (customer-based) brand equity in financial services. Journal of Services Marketing, 21(4), 241–252.
- Thomson, K., &Hecker, L. (2000).Value-adding communication: Innovation in employee communication and internal marketing. Journal of Communication Management, 5(1), 48-58.
- Woodruffe, H. (1995), Services Marketing, M&E Pitman, Marchfield, MA
- Yoo, B., Donthu, N. and Lee, S. (2000). An examination of selected marketing mix elements and brand equity. Academy of Marketing Science, 28 (2), 195-212.