Ph.D. Student of Management, Semnan Branch, Islamic Azad University, Semnan, Iran.
Department of management, Semnan Branch, Islamic azad university, Semnan, Iran
Document Type : Research Article (with mixed approaches)
Purpose: Internet of Things is an advanced generation of Internet that is rapidly expanding and will have a huge impact on organizations. Human resources, the key element of organizations, will undoubtedly be affected by this technology. The purpose of this study is to present a model to investigate the impact of internet of things on human resource management.
Design / Methodology / Approach: The statistical population of the study consisted of 15 experts and 220 staff members of the airline organizations of Iran. The experts were selected by snowball sampling and the staff members were selected by random sampling. In this study, Delphi methods were used to extract factors, DEMATEL technique was used to investigate the relationship between variables and model drawing, and structural equations were used for model testing and validation.
Findings: The results of testing the hypotheses confirmed the positive and significant impact of internet of things implementation on the quality of HR information and the positive and significant impact of the quality of information on HR activities including HR planning, HR development, recruitment, training and compensation system.
Constraints and implications: This research has only focused on the implementation of internet of things on human resource management, and the impact of this innovation on human resources and staff should be explored in future research.
Practical implications: internet of things is an emerging and popular phenomenon that has received little attention in Iran and This study provides a model for the impact of internet of things on human resource management.
Initiative or value of the paper: This article is one of the first articles focusing on internet of things technology using a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to model the impact of internet of things on human resource management in Iran.
Paper Type: Research Article
- Abtahi, S. H. (1989). Training and human resource development. First Edition, Iranian Industrial Development and Renovation Organization (in Persian).
- Baloh, p. Trkman, P. (2003). Influence of Internet and Information Technology on Work and Human Resource Management. Informing Science. 497- 506.
- Barman, A., Das, K. (2018). Internet of Things (IoT) as the Future Smart Solution to HRM-How would wearable IoT bring organisational efficiency? International Conference Dec,2018, to be organised by RDAÃat Sibsagar, Assam
- Bhuvaneswari, V., Porkodi, R. (2014). The Internet of Things (IoT) Applications and Communication Enabling Technology Standards: An Overview. International Conference on Intelligent Computing Applications.
- Boeck, K., Fagan, M., Fisher, W. et al (2019). Considerations for Managing Internet of Things (IoT) Cybersecurity and Privacy Risks. National Institute of Standards and Technology Interagency or Internal Report 8228.
- Darvish H, Kolivand P, Rasouli R, Mobaraki H. Strategic Planning Model for Private Hospitals with Delphi Method: a Study in Khatam Alanbia Hospital . Shefaye Khatam. 2014; 2 (S2) :1-10 (in Persian).
- Davenport, T. H., Harris, J., & Shapiro, J. (2010). Competing on talent analytics. Harvard Business Review, 88(10), 52-58.
- Deloitte (2016), âWill IoT technology bring us the quantified employee?â, The Internet of Things in human resources, https://www2.deloitte.com/.../internet-ofthings/ people-analytics-iot-human-resources.
- Haji Shah Karam M, Mohammadi S. (2016). The proposed architecture of the Internet of Things based recommender systems for intelligent building in Tehran. 32 (1): 275-295 (in Persian).
- Hooman, H. A. (2005). Structural Equation Modeling Using LISREL Software. First edition, Tehran: SAMT Publications (in Persian).
- Jirasatjanukul, K., Nilsook, P., Wannapiroon, P (2019). Intelligent Human Resource Management Using Latent Semantic Analysis with the Internet of Things. International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering, 11 (2): 23-26.
- Kahlert, M. (2016). Understanding customer acceptance of Internet of Things services in retailing: an empirical study about the moderating effect of degree of technological autonomy and shopping motivations.
- Manyika, J., Chui, M., Bisson, P., Woetzel, J., Dobbs, R., Bughin, J., & Aharon, D. (2015). The Internet of Things: Mapping the value beyond the hype. McKinsey Global Institute, (June), 144. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-05029-4_7.
- Rezaeian, A. (1990). Management principles. First edition. SAMT Publications. Tehran (in Persian).
- Rezaian, Ali (1993). Management of Organizational Behavior. Faculty of Management Publications. University of Tehran. Tehran (in Persian).
- Rose, K., Eldridge, S., & Chapin, L. (2015). The Internet of Things: An Overview Understanding the Issues and Challenges of a More Connected World. (C. Marsan, Ed.). Geneva, Switzerland: The Internet Society (ISOC).
- Saâadat, Esfandiar (2002). Human resources management. SAMT Publications. Tehran (in Persian).
- teimouri, N., Rangriz, H., Abdollahi, B., Zeinabadi, H. (2018). Prioritizing the Factors Affecting the Recruitment of Human Resource and Providing an Appropriate Model Based on the Merit System. Journal of Research in Human Resources Management, 10(2), 207-230 (in Persian).
- Tenenhaus, M., Esposito vinzi, V., Chatelin, Y. M. & Lauro, C. (2005). PLS path modeling. Computational statistics & Data analysis, 48 (1). 159-205.
- Venkatesh A.N. (2017), âConnecting the Dots: Internet of Things and Human Resource Managementâ, American International Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, Vol. 17, Issue 1, pp 21-24
- Vivekananth, P. (2016). The Impact of Internet of Things(IoT) in Human Resource Management. IPASJ International Journal of Management. 4 (9): 1-3.
- Yawson, R. M., Woldeab, D., Osafo, E. (2018). Human Resource Development and the Internet of Things. Proceedings of the 25th Annual Academy of Human Resource Development International Research Conference in the Americas. Richmond VA, USA. February 14 -17,. DOI: 10.31124/advance.9638417.v1.
- Zargar S M. (2019). Assessment of barriers to establishing the Internet of things in libraries in Iran based on a combined approach.34 (3) :1371-1398 URL: http://jipm.irandoc.ac.ir/article-1-3773-fa.html (in Persian).