Department of Educational Sciences, Mashhad Branch, Islamic Azad University, Mashhad, Iran
Document Type : Research Article (with mixed approaches)
Objective: The aim of this study was to design a model for promoting organizational innovation capabilities with an organizational resilience approach in Mashhad knowledge-based companies during 18 months between 2018-2020.Design / methodology / approach: In terms of purpose, this research is applied research, in terms of type, combination (qualitative and quantitative) and in terms of method, descriptive-correlation. The statistical population of the qualitative section: 25 experts in related fields and the statistical population of the quantitative section: managers and senior experts working in knowledge-based companies in Mashhad was 650 people, of which 240 people were selected as a statistical sample. Qualitative sampling was purposeful and in the quantitative part was simple random sampling. The data collection tool was a questionnaire. Structural equation modeling was used to test the research hypotheses.Findings: The findings indicate that the dimensions of organizational innovation ability in the direction of impact on organizational resilience were as follows: Individual dimension (0.287), structural dimension (0.189), operational dimension (0.130), innovation dimension (0.126), technology dimension (0.111), organizational dimension (0.117) and environmental dimension (0.095).Limitations and Consequences: Lack of control and study of the role of other factors affecting the model of promoting organizational innovation capabilities with organizational resilience approach in knowledge-based companies is the limitation of this research. For future research, the role of mediating variables should be carefully considered so that other relationships between variables are as clear and comprehensive as possible.Practical Implications: By having organizational innovation capabilities, knowledge-based companies can identify environmental opportunities and increase organizational resilience.Initiative or value of the article: In this study, the effect of organizational innovation capabilities on organizational resilience in knowledge-based companies is investigated.Keywords:Organizational Innovation Capabilities, Organizational Resilience, Knowledge Based Companies
- Accra Jaja, S., & Amah, E. (2014). Mentoring and Organizational Resilience. A Study of Manufacturing Companies in Rivers State. IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM), 16 (10), 1-9.
- Aghei Fishani, T. (2011). Creativity and innovation (with a systemic approach), Tehran: Termeh Publications, second edition.
- Andrew, J., Yang, Z., Riahi, R., & Wang, J. (2016). A risk assessment approach to improve the resilience of a seaport system using Bayesian networks, Ocean Engineering, (111), 136–147.
- Annarelli, A., & Nonino, F. (2016). Strategic and operational management of organizational resilience: Current state of research and future directions. Omega, 62 (3), 1-18.
- Assink, M. (2006). The Inhibitors of disruptive innovation capability: a conceptual model, European Journal of Innovation Management, 9 (2), 215–233.
- Barasa, E., Mbau, R., & Gilson, L. (2018). What is resilience and how can it be nurtured? A systematic review of empirical literature on organizational resilience. Int J Health Policy Manag, 7 (6), 491–503
- Chang, S., & Lee, M. (2008). The linkage between knowledge accumulation capability and organizational innovation. Journal of Knowledge Management, 12 (1), 3-20.
- Chitgaran, H. (2016). Identifying and ranking the factors affecting organizational resilience in small and medium industries (Case study: small and medium industries in Semnan), (Unpublished Master Thesis), Semnan University, Iran.
- Farokhmanesh, T. (2017). The Impact of Inter-Organizational Learning on the Innovation Capability of Companies Acting in Nanotechnology, 10th International Conference on Economics and Management, Rasht, Islamic Azad University, Rasht Branch, pp. 1-10
- Forsman, H. (2011). Innovation capacity and innovation development in small enterprises; a comparison between the manufacturing and service sectors”. Research Policy, 40 (5), 739-750.
- Ghahraman Eram, M., Abdi Jamayran, A., Roozbehani, Z., & Shahabi, M. (2017). Study of resilience models in business, Fifth International Conference on Research Approaches in Humanities and Management.
- Golverdi, M. (2017). National Resilience: A Review of Research Literature, Quarterly Journal of Strategic Studies of Public Policy, 7 (25), 293-310.
- Gomes, G., & Wojahn, R. (2017). Organizational learning capability, innovation and performance: study in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMES), Revisit de Administração,52 (2), 163–175.
- Ghorbani, S., Beikzad, J., Nejad Iranian, F., & Behlouli, N. (2018) Designing the optimal model of knowledge management deployment and institutionalization (Case Study: East Azarbaijan Province Executive). Journal of Public Administration Perspective, 9(4): 225-248
- Haghighi Kafash, M., Hajipour, B., Mazloumi, N., & Momeni, M. (2015). Organizational Innovation Capability Modeling, Quarterly Journal of Management of Government Organizations, 3 (4), 21-42.
- Hashemvand, B., & Mahmoudzadeh, A. (2017). A Study of the Relationship between Organizational Resilience and Organizational Self-Efficacy in East Azarbaijan Camp and Marand Prison, The First International Conference on Management Patterns in the Age of Progress, Tehran, Islamic State Research Institute, Institute of Law Enforcement, Social Studies of NAJA, Tehran University.
- Hosseini Siahdashti, S.J. (2017). Investigating the relationship between organizational resilience and transformational leadership with the innovative behavior of the manager from the perspective of wood and paper industry employees in Mazandaran province. Third International Conference on Management, Accounting and Knowledge-Based Economics with Emphasis on Resistance Economics.
- Hui, L.S.P., & Le, B.P. (2018). Transformational Leadership Facilitates Innovation Capability: The Mediating Roles of Interpersonal Trust, International Journal of Business Administration, 9 (3), 1-9.
- Izadi, H. (2017). Identifying effective components in reducing the resilience of organizations in critical situations using the AHP model (Case study: Amol city fire department). Knowledge of prevention and crisis management. 7 (4), 307-319.
- Jafari, M.J., Jafari Nodoushan, R., Shirali, G.A., Khodakarim, S., & Khademi Zare, H. (2018). Indicators of Organizational Resilience in Critical Sociotechnical Systems: A Qualitative Study for the Refinery Complex, Health Scope. 7(3), 1-5.
- Kaffash, M., & Zameni, F. (2018). Presenting a Model to Explain the Impact of Spiritual Leadership and Resilience on Organizational Excellence Based on the Perspective of Faculty Members of Islamic Azad Universities of Khorasan Razavi, Quarterly Journal of Educational Systems, 12 (Special Issue), 489-507.
- Khalil, T. (2013). Technology management. Translated by Seyed Mohammad Arabi and Davood Izadi. Tehran: Cultural Research Office Publications.
- Laforet, S. (2011). A framework of organisational innovation and outcomes in SMEs, International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour & Research, 17 (4), 380-408.
- Levi Uche, A., & Anderson Continue, E. (2015). Product Innovation and Organizational Resilience in Public Universities in South-South Nigeria, European Journal of Business and Management, 7 (33), 82-91.
- McManus, S., Seville, E., Vargo, J., & Brunsdon, D. (2007). Facilitated Process for Improving Organizational Resilience, Natural Hazard Review, 9 (2), 81-90.
- Mohammadi Shahroudi, H., Rahimnia, F., Malekzadeh, G., & Khorakian, A.R. (2019). Providing a model of organizational resilience in manufacturing companies with a data foundation approach. Public Management Research, 12 (43), 111-134.
- Nopasand Asil, S.M., Ramezanpour, I., & Attari Asl, P. (2016). The Impact of Marketing Capacity, Innovation and Learning on Organizational Performance, (Case Study: Tabriz Petrochemical, Productivity Management, 9 (36), 95-124.
- Omand, D. (2005). Developing national resilience, Developing national resil. ience, 150 (4), 14-18.
- Pal, R., Torstensson, H., & Mattila, H. (2014). Antecedents of organizational resilience in economic crises—an empirical study of Swedish textile and clothing SMEs. International Journal of Production Economics, (147), 410-428.
- Raffai, C. (2014). Investigating the Innovation Capability Maturity of Rural Accommodation Service Providers, University of Pannonia, PhD Dissertation. 8-28.
- Ramezanian, M., Moradi, M., & Basaghzadeh, N. (2012). The effect of knowledge sharing process and knowledge absorption ability on innovation capability. Journal of Public Administration Perspective,11 (3), 91-111.
- Raj, R., & Srivastava, K.B.L. (2016). Mediating role of organizational learning on the relationship between market orientation and innovativeness. The Learning Organization, 23 (5), 164-169.
- Rajapathirana, R.P.J. Hui, Y. (2018). Relationship between innovation capability, innovation type, and firm performance, Journal of Innovation & Knowledge, 3 (1), 44-55.
- Rey-Martí, A., Porcar, A.T., & Mas-Tur, A. (2015). Linking female entrepreneurs' motivation to business survival. Journal of Business Research, 68(4), 810-814.
- Sánchez, E.G., Víctor, J.G.M., & Rodrigo, M.R. (2018). Influence of Technological Assets on Organizational Performance through Absorptive Capacity, Organizational Innovation and Internal Labor Flexibility, Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, 10 (3), 1-25.
- Sok, P., o’Cass, A.M., & Sok, K. (2013). Achieving superior SME performance: overarching role of marketing, innovation and learning capabilities, Australian marketing journal, (21), 161-167.
- Soltani, A., Babaei Farsani, M., & Hassani Moghadam, S. (2019). Investigating and analyzing the effect of organizational innovation on supply chain resilience (Case Study: manufacturing companies in the field of metal industries located in Shahrekord industrial towns). Scientific Journal of Supply Chain Management, 21 (62), 18-31.
- Tidd, J., & Bessant, J. (2011). Managing innovation: integrating technological, market and organizational change, Oxford University Press: 7-14.
- Wu, X., & Sivalogathasan, V. (2013). Innovation capability for better performance: Intellectual capital and organization performance of the apparel industry in Srilangka. Journal of Advanced Management Science, 1(3), 273-277.
- Yaqubi, M., Teymourzadeh, E., Bahadori, M.K., & Qardashi, F. (2017). Conceptual Model of Innovation Capability in Industrial and Academic Research Centers: A Systematic Review, Management Journal, 10 (3), 609-640.
- Yu Yuan, H., Bella, R., Lien, Y., Yang, B., Wud, C., & Kuo, Y. (2010). Impact of TQM and Organizational learning on Innovation Performance in the light-Tech Industry. International Business Review, 20(2), 213-225
- Zafarian, R., Mohammadi Eliasi, G., Farokhmanesh, T., & Movahedipour, N. (2012). The Role of Network Capital on Organizational Innovation Capability (Case Study: Advanced Industrial Companies), Entrepreneurship Development, (3): 7-26.