PhD Student, in Management, Gorgan Branch, Islamic Azad University, Gorgan, Iran.
Corresponding Author: Assistant Professor, Department of Management, Gorgan Branch, Islamic Azad University, Gorgan, Iran.
(Visiting Professor, Gorgan Branch, Islamic Azad University, Gorgan, Iran) Professor, Department of Economics, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Mazandaran University, Babolsar, Iran.
Associate professor, Dpartment of Mangement, Qaemshar Branch, Islamic Azad University, Qaemshar, Iran.
Document Type : Research Article (with mixed approaches)
Purpose: The aim of the current research was to find a model to evaluate the development policies of renewable energies effective on macroeconomics indicators.
Design/ methodology/ approach: The research methodology was the use of a qualitative-quantitative exploratory combined method. The statistical community in the qualitative section, professors of higher education centers in the field of energy and economics and high, middle managers and senior experts of the country's electricity industry, and in the quantitative section, managers and deputies of the Ministry of Energy, Tavanir companies, and regional electricity of Tehran, Fars, Mazandaran and Satba which was 180 people. In the qualitative section, 20 experts were selected using the snowball sampling method, and in the quantitative section, 123 people were selected using the relative stratified sampling method using Cochran's formula. The data were analyzed in the qualitative section with Delphi technique and in the quantitative section with a 105-item questionnaire using SPSS and Smart PLS software. In order to determine the validity and reliability in the qualitative stage, the necessary checks including acceptability and ability were used, and in the quantitative stage, the validity of the questionnaires in form and content (CVR and CVI range for each of the items, respectively between 6. 0 to 0.1 and 0.85 to 1.0) and the structure was confirmed. The reliability and combined reliability of the components were estimated and confirmed between 0.847 and 0.951 and 0.759 and 0.931, respectively.
Research Findings: The findings showed that the evaluation model of effective renewable energy development policies has nine dimensions (objective evaluation, legal framework, compliance and compatibility, management requirements, policy environment management, process evaluation, policy evaluators, audit and the characteristics of the optimal method of evaluation) and 25 components.
Limitations & Consequences: According to the identification and testing of the dimensions and explanatory components of the evaluation of renewable energy development policies effective on macroeconomics indicators in the electricity industry, the generalization of the results to other industries is limited.
Practical Consequences: Providing a model for evaluating renewable energy development policies effective on macroeconomics indicators in the electricity industry
Innovation or value of the Article: The current research deals with one of the less noticed cases in the electricity industry and the subject of renewable energies and presents a model regarding it.
Paper Type: Research Paper
- Alkin, M. C. Christie, C. A. (2012). An Evaluation Theory Tree. In M. Alkin (Ed.), Evaluation roots، A Wider Perspective of Theorists' Views and Influences (pp. 11-58). Thousand Oaks: SAGE.
- Alwani, M. & Sharifzadeh, F. (2012). General policy-making process. Ninth edition of Allameh Tabatabai University Press. (in Persian)
- Amiri A. N, Danayee fard H, Zareee Matin H, Emami S. M. (2011). Understanding the essence of policy, general: A theoretical analysis of the imitation nature of national policy makers. Strategic management idea. 5(1(9)). 5-44. (in Persian)
- Anderson, J. E. (2011). Public policymaking: An introduction. Boston, MA: Cengage. p. 7.
- Apergis N. Payne J. E. (2010), Renewable Energy Consumption and Economic Growth: Evidence from a Panel of OECD Countries, Energy Policy. 38(2010). 656-660.
- Apergis N, Salim R. (2015). Renewable energy consumption and unemployment: Evidence from a sample of 80 countries and nonlinear estimates, Applied Economics. 47(52). 5614-5633.
- Asumadu-Sarkodie S, P. A. Owusu P. A. (2016a). A review of Ghana’s energy sector national energy statistics and policy framework Cogent Engineering. 3(1). 1-27.
- Asumadu-Sarkodie S, P. A. Owusu P. A. (2016b). Carbon dioxide emissions, GDP, energy use and population growth: A multivariate and causality analysis for Ghana 1971–2013, Environmental Science and Pollution Research International. 23(13). 13508-20.
- Binh, P. T. (2011), “Energy Consumption and Economic Growth in Vietnam: Threshold Cointegration and Causality Analysis”, International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy. 1(1). 1-17.
- Chen C, Pinar M, Stengos T. (2021). Determinants of renewable energy consumption: Importance of democratic institutions. Renewable Energy. 179(2021). 75-83.
- Chien T. Hu J. L. (2007). Renewable Energy and Macroeconomic Efficiency of OECD and Non-OECD Economies, Energy Policy. 35(2007). 3606–3615.
- Cole W, Gates N, Mai T. (2021). Exploring the cost implications of increased renewable energy for the U.S. power system. The Electricity Journal. 34(5). 106957.
- Coryn, C. & Stufflebeam, D. (2014). Evaluation Theory, Models, and Applications. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Danayee fard H, Saghafi E, Moshabakki Esfahani A. (2010). Implementation of public policy, examining the role of rationality in the policy development stage. Teacher of Humanities. 14(4). 79-106. (in Persian)
- Daneshfard K. (2016). General policy-making process. Tehran: Sadra Publications. (in Persian)
- Ebrahimi, N. (2011). Energy Law in Iran - Opportunities and Challenges, Designing and Investigating a Proposal, Energy Law; The first national conference, organized by Elham Aminzadeh. (in Persian)
- Ehsanfar, M. H. (2016). Explaining the effect of economic growth and energy market integration on energy consumption in Iran; Generalized Torque Approach, Quarterly Journal of Economic Growth and Development Research, 7 (25). 85-96. (in Persian)
- Emami Meybodi, R. (2012). Assessing Conceptual Disorder Policy ?. Quarterly Journal of Public Policy-Making, 1 (3), 9-28. (in Persian)
- Emami Meybodi, A., Jangavar, H., Noorullahi, Y., Sattarifar, M., Khorsandi, M. (2017). Investigating and analyzing the effect of renewable energy development on macroeconomic indicators. Quarterly Journal of Strategic Studies of Public Policy-Making, 7 (24), 137-158. (in Persian)
- Feiffer, B. and Mulder, P (2013), “Explaining the Diffusion of Renewable Energy Technology in Developing Countries”, Energy Economics. 40(2013). 285-296.
- Fetres, M. H., Aghazadeh, A., & Jebraili, S. (2014). Panel causality relationship between renewable energy consumption and economic growth; Comparison of different regions of the world. Journal of Macroeconomics, 9 (18), 127-150.
- Ghaemirad, M. & Arash, Shahin. (2016). A study on the perspective analysis of the development of solar energy technologies in Iran by a combined method by Swat and Demetel. Quarterly Journal of Energy Policy-Making and Planning Research, 2 (5), 97-130. (in Persian)
- Ghasemi, A., Taklif, A., Mohammadi, T. & Mohammadian, F. (2017). Analysis of Iran's energy strategies on the horizon of 1420 in the framework of global energy scenarios. Iranian Journal of Energy Economics, 6 (24), 89-121. (in Persian)
- Gholipour R, Gholampour Ahangar E. (2010). Public Policy-Making Process in Iran, Tehran: Parliamentary Research Center Publications. (in Persian)
- Gkatsou S, Maria K Papanagiotou, P, Seremeti D Dimitrios G. (2014). The Impact of Green Energy on Employment: A Preliminary Analysis. 5(1). 41-29.
- Hajatpour S, Abbasi H, Malmir A, Sarihi R. (2020). Presenting a Model for the Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Implementing the Five-Year Development Plan Policies of Islamic Republic of Iran in Social Security Organization. Socio-cultural strategy. 10(37). 95-124. (in Persian)
- Hajatpour S, Daneshfard K, Taban M, amirnezhad Gh. (2019). Provide a Pattern for successful evaluation of public policies of the Social Security Organization based on professional ethics. Ethical research. 10(1(37). 111-128. (in Persian)
- Hajipoor, E., Forozandeh, L., Danaei-Fard, H., Fani, A. (2016). Designing the Pathological Model of Implementation of Public Policy in Iran. MILITARY MANAGEMENT QUARTERLY, 15(58), 1-23. (in Persian)
- Hansen, H. F., (2005). Choosing Evaluation Models: A Discussion on Evaluation Design. Evaluation, 11 (4), 447–62.
- Hemmati, M., Kheshtzar, J. (2015). The Role of Renewable Energy in Sustainable Development of the Country. Second National Conference on Energy and Sustainable Development, Takestan, Islamic Azad University, Takestan Branch. (in Persian)
- Hoicka C. Lowitzsch J, Brisbois M, C, Kumar A, Camargo L, R. (2021). Implementing a just renewable energy transition: Policy advice for transposing the new European rules for renewable energy communities. Energy Policy. 156(2021). 112435.
- Hooshman M, Nooghabi M. (2015). The Role of Economic Development in Employment and Labor Market, The Second International Conference on Future Research, Management and Economic Development, Torbat Heydariyeh University. 1-12. (in Persian)
- Hoshyar, Z. (2017). Analysis of policy-making, growth and penetration of renewable energy in Iran and its comparison with countries in the region, Asia and the world. National Conference on New Approaches in the Electrical Industry, Tehran, Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch.
- Howlett, M. & Ramesh, M. and Perl A. (2009). Study Public Policy: Policy Cycles and Policy Subsystems. Ontario: Oxford University Press.
- Karimi Amiekiasar F. (2018). Iran's position in the world in terms of per capita GDP, Tehran Chamber of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture Deputy of Economic Studies. 1-9. (in Persian)
- Khajeheian D. (2019). Qualitative Methods in Media Entrepreneurship Research: Clarification of the terms Framework, Model and Pattern. AD-minister Nº. 34(2019). 15-34. (in Persian)
- Khobai H, Kolisi N, Moyo C. Z, Anyikwa I. (2020). Renewable energy consumption and unemployment in South Africa, International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy 10(2):170-178.
- International Energy Agency (IEA). (2011). Renewable Energy Technologies: Solar Energy Perspectives. OECD/IEA.
- (2011). Renewable energy jobs: Prospects & policies. IRENA Working Paper.
- (2016). Second Volume of REmap 2030: a Renewable Energy Roadmap. Abu Dhabi.
- Lin, B. Moubarak, M. (2014). “Renewable Energy Consumption–Economic Growth Nexus for China”. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 40(2014). 111-113.
- Majdzadeh Tabatabai, S. & Ebrahim, H. (2017). Investigating the Economic, Welfare and Environmental Impacts of Tariff Pricing Policy for the Development of Renewable Energy in Iran: Application of a Dynamic General Equilibrium Model Calculated with an Integrated Approach. Iranian Journal of Energy Economics, 6 (24), 151-186. (in Persian)
- Maji, I.K. (2015), “Does Clean Energy Contribute to Economic Growth? Evidence from Nigeria,” Energy Reports. 1(2015). 145–150.
- Menegaki A. N. (2011), “Growth and Renewable Energy in Europe: A Random Effect Model With Evidence for Neutrality Hypothesis”, Energy Economics 33, 257–263.
- Menyah, K, Wolde-Rufael Y. (2010), CO2 Emissions, Nuclear Energy, Renewable Energy and Economic Growth in the US, Energy Policy. 38(2010). 2911–2915.
- Mirza Mohammadi, S., Jabarzadeh, A., Salehi Shahrabi, M. (2020). Planning of energy supply of greenhouses with the focus on renewable energy in microgrid mode. Energy Engineering and Management Journal, 10 (3), 56-69. (in Persian)
- Monavarian, A., Vatankhah Moghaddam, S., Shahhosseini, M. A., Vaezi, K., Noorullahi, Y. (2020). Designing a Renewable Energy Development Policy Planning Model in Iran. Public Policy Quarterly, 6 (2), 115-134. (in Persian)
- Monjazeb M, Mahmoodi Pati M. (2017). Government Size and Inflation in Developing Countries: a Panel Data Approach. jemr. 7 (26) :65-87. (in Persian)
- Motevasseli M, Fooladi M. (2006). -. Journal of Economic Research (Tahghighat- E- Eghtesadi), 41(5), 51-76. (in Persian)
- Mousavi Rineh, M., Yousefi, H., Abolghasemi, M. (2019). An overview of the environmental costs of electricity generation with an emphasis on renewable energy. Renewable and new energies Journal, 6 (1), 110-119. (in Persian)
- Mousavi, S. (2016). End of Fossils in Renewable Futures. Iranian Renewable Energy Association Monthly, 1(2), 1-11. (in Persian)
- Mousavi, S., Piridamagh, M. (2015). Development of renewable sources of enenrgy from an international law perspective. Journal Of Researches Energy Law Studies, 1(2), 257-287. (in Persian)
- Moyo C, Dingela S, Kolisi N, Khobai H, Izunna A. (2017). Renewable energy consumption and unemployment in South Africa, MPRA Paper No. 83279, posted 14 Dec 2017 04:35 UTC.PP1-23.
- Nadimi, Y. (2018). Selection of Economic Strategies for Renewable Energy Development. The 5th International Conference on Applied Research in Electromechanical and Mechatronic Engineering, Tehran, Iranian Thermo-Refrigeration Association. (in Persian)
- Nezamabadi, A., Azadi Rad, B. (2014). Renewable energies and their economic process. The 4th International Conference on New Approaches to Energy Conservation, Tehran, Permanent Secretariat of the Conference. (in Persian)
- O'Shaughnessy E, Heeter J, Shah C, Koebrich S. (2021). Corporate acceleration of the renewable energy transition and implications for electric grids. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 146(2021). 111160.
- Ostadi, H. (2016). Factors Affecting Iran's Economic Growth and the Effect of Rising Energy Carrier Prices. Quarterly Journal of Economic Growth and Development Research, 6 (24), 133-144. (in Persian)
- Owen, J. M. (2012 ). Evaluation Forms، toward an Inclusive Framework for Evaluation Practice. In M. Alkin (Ed.), Evaluation roots، A Wider Perspective of Theorists' Views and Influences (pp. 386-393). Thousand Oaks: SAGE.
- Rafiq S , Salim R, Pasquale M S. (2018). Energy, Unemployment and Trade, Applied Economics. 50(1) . 1-34. (in Persian)
- Renewable Energy Policy Network for the 21st Century (REN21). (2016). Global Status Report.
- Rossi, P., Lipsey, M., Freeman, H. (2003) . Evaluation: A Systematic Approach (7th ed.). Thousand Oaks: SAGE.
- Sadeghi, H., Khaksar Astaneh, S. (2014). Provide an Optimum Model for Renewable Energy Development in Iran; Robust Optimization Approach. Iranian Energy Economics, 3(11). 159-195. (in Persian)
- Sadorsky P. (2009). Renewable Energy Consumption and Income In Emerging Economies, Energy Policy. 37(10). 4021-4028.
- Shahbaz M, Topcu B. A, Sarigul S. S, Vo X. V. (2021). The effect of financial development on renewable energy demand: The case of developing countries. Renewable Energy. 178(2021). 1370-1380. (in Persian)
- Sarlaki, E., Hassan Beigi R., Sharif Paqaleh, A., Mirsaeed Ghazi, H. (2019). Investigation of biodiesel fuel purification and refining methods with an emphasis on membrane separation processes. Mechanical Engineering (Scientific Journal of the Iranian Association of Mechanical Engineers), 26 (5), 83-97. (in Persian)
- Sattich T, Freeman D, Scholten D, Yan S. (2021). Renewable energy in EU-China relations: Policy interdependence and its geopolitical implications. Energy Policy. 156(2021). 112456.
- Shahabadi A, Amiri B, Ganji M. (2016). The Impact of Institutions on Unemployment, Quarterly Journal of Economic Research and Policy. 24(79). 165-188. (in Persian)
- Shokri, Z., Danaeifard, H., Khairgo, M., Fani, A. A. (2018). How to evaluate the quality of public policies in Iran: an exploratory study based on a combined methodology. Scientific Quarterly of Management of Government Organizations, 6 (2), 79-94. (in Persian)
- Tahamipour, M., Abedi, S., Baba Ahmadi Karimi, R., Ebrahimizadeh, M. (2016). Investigating the Impact of Renewable Energy on Per Capita Real Economic Growth in Iran. Iranian Journal of Energy Economics, 5 (19), 53-77. (in Persian)
- Vaezi R, Mohammadi M. (2018). A Pattern for evaluating public policy in Iran (study of value added tax policy). Public Administration Perspaective, 8(29). 47-72. (in Persian)
- Yazdanpanah-dero, Q., Porrostami, N., Yousfi, R., Hosseinzade, M. (2017). A comparative study of energy security to promote the use of renewable energy; In the geopolitical Iran and Japan. Human Geography Research, 49(3), 713-731.
- Zayandeh Roudi M. (2011). The need for new studies in development economics. Economic Journal (bi-monthly review of economic issues and policies). 11(9-10). 151-168. (in Persian)