PhD student in Management and Human Resources, Islamic Azad University, Bonab Branch, Bonab, Iran
Assistant Professor, Faculty Member of Islamic Azad University, and Ahad Bonab, Bonab, Iran
Document Type : Research Article (with qualitative approaches)
Purpose: The aim of this study is to identify the dimensions and components of the promotion of senior managers in the Civil Service Management Law.
Design / methodology / approach: The present qualitative study continued with the phenomenological approach in November 2018 on 29 experts and policymakers in the field of management by targeted sampling method and up to data saturation, with respect to confidentiality of information and the possibility of leaving the study at any time. Data collection was performed through in-depth and semi-structured in-depth interviews. All interviews were recorded and then, word by word, handwritten and analyzed.
Findings: By analyzing and integrating the main components, 8 main ones were identified and by analyzing them, 46 sub-components were extracted. What is upgrading, why upgrade, factors affecting upgrade, feature of the law, right upgrade strategies, pathology of the upgrade law, the consequences of the right upgrade, the consequences of the wrong upgrade, were chosen as the main themes.
Limitations and Consequences: Due to the multiplicity of research variables and the specific complexities of the research, other components of the variables should be carefully considered for future research so that the other relationships of the variables are more transparent and comprehensive.
Practical implications: Organizational managers can motivate their employees to increase their knowledge and expertise to achieve the goal.
Originality or value of the article: In this study, analyzing the answers of the interviewees to identify the dimensions and components of the promotion of senior managers in the Civil Service Management Law, job burnout, compiling pre-implementation regulations, efficiency, creating databases and updating in various ways are the most important components that should be promoted. Top managers in the Civil Service Management Law should pay attention to them.
- Ernststein, Allen C. Vanhankins, Francis, P. (2005). Fundamentals, Principles and Curriculum Issues; Translation, (Ghodsi Ahqar, Tehran; Islamic Azad University; Date of publication of the work in the original language of 2004).
- Eskandari, M,. & Bagheri, H. (2015). Using management information systems in user decision making. Two Quarterly Journal of Cultural Protection of the Islamic Revolution, 1 (4), 1-29.
- Ahi, p,. & Beh Jani, H. (2012). The role of career path planning in organizational success. NAJA Human Resources Quarterly, 28, 79-109
- Poladorg, A. M. (2009). Identification and prioritization of good governance indicators using hierarchical analysis technique (AHP), dissertation to receive a master's degree in public administration, Human Resources, Shahed University, Faculty of Humanities
- John Best, W. (2011). "Research Methods in Educational and Behavioral Sciences", translated by Hassan Pasha Sharifi, Narges Taleghani, Roshd. Print 11.
- Jalali, M,. R. (2013). "Localization of Competencies", Management Engineering Monthly, 6 (51) 44-46.
- Jalilian, Hamidreza, M. M,. & Kakai Mawaii,. B. (2010). "Transformational Leadership and Employee Creativity", Quarterly Journal of Police Human Development, 7 (32) 59-72.
- Jamshidi, M,. & Yazdanpour, Y. (2004). "Competence in Organizations", Tadbir, No. 147.
- Chitsaz, E,. Zolfagharzadeh, M. M,. & Ghiasi Nodoshan, S. (2012). »Developing a Model of Axial Competencies of Cultural and Social Managers of Universities in Islamic Iran", Management in Islamic University 2, First Year, Second Issue, pp. 27-48.
- Hafeznia, M. R. (2003). "Introduction to Research Methods in the Humanities", Tehran, Samat Publications, 8th Edition
- Hassani, D. (2010). "In Search of Merit", Bank, pp. 125-130.
- Hossein Ali, F,. Malek,. M. R. & Toloo, S. (2010). Analysis of AHP and ANP multi-criteria decision making methods in the optimal location of a pedestrian bridge in the environment.
- Khaki, A. M,. & Shafiei, M. (2012). Application of Prioritization of Network Analysis Process in Ideal Planning for Resource Allocation in Transportation”, Research Journal of Transportation, Ninth Year, No. 2, pp. 175-190.
- Khaki, Gh. (2011). "Research Methods with a Thesis Approach Approach", Tehran: Bazetab Publications.
- Khalili Shoorini, S. (2010). "Humanities Research Methods", first edition, seventh edition, book publisher.
- Khorshidi, A., & Ekrami, M. (2011), Identifying the constructive factors of managers' competence. Journal of Law Enforcement Studies, Year 6, Issue 4
- Robbins, K,. & Webster, F. (1999), translated by Davoodi; 2006; The age of technological culture, from the information society to the virtual society; Tehran; Development Publications.
- Sarmad, Z,. Bazargan, A,. & Hejazi, E. (2012). "Research Methods in Behavioral Sciences", first edition, twenty-fourth edition, advertisement.
- Shafizadeh, H,. Soleimani, N,. Shuriabi, M. (2014). Investigating the current situation of professional qualifications of primary school teachers in Garmsar city, Quarterly Journal of Leadership and Educational Management, Year 8, No. 1, pp. 89-83.
- Tehrani, M. Maliki, M.R. & Ghafrani, F. (2014). National Service Management Law. Quarterly Journal of Parliament and Strategy, 79: 185-222.
- Tehrani, M,. Maliki, M. R,. & Ghofrani, F. (2014), National Service Management Law (Proposed Principles, Foundations and Strategies), 21 (79), 185-222.
- Austrian Development Agancy (2011). Evaluation of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC) Gender Policy between 2004–2011. Federal Ministry for European and International Affairs and the Evaluation Unit of the Austrian Development Agency.
- Beheshtifar, M., Nekoie moghadam, M., 2011, studying the competency- related models in succession planning, European journal of economics, finance and administrative sciences, No34, pp 113-121
- chughtai amir ali buckley finian, 2010." assessing the effects of organizational identification on in-role job performance and learning goal behavior the mediating role of learning goal orientation personnel review". vol 39 no 2 pp 242-258.
- Chyung، S. Y.، & et al. (2006). Building a competency-based curriculum Architecture Educates 21ST century Business practitioners. Journal of Education for to Bussiness. vol. 106. No. 1.
- Dharankar, M. Barve, M. Barve, V. & Barve, N. (2004). Preparing Tomor row’s Teachers to Use Technology. In C. Crawford et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference 2004 (pp. 3281-3285). Chesapeake. VA: AACE.
- Dranganidis, f. and mentzas. G. (2006) competency-based management: a review of systems and approaches”, information management a computer security, vol. 14no. I.
- Etzioni, A. (2013). A comparative analysis of complex organization. New York: The free press.
- Hunt. Gary William. (1981) Comparision of Two Models of Teacher Education: Changes in Attitude Philsopohy and Content Knowledge, Dissertation for the Degree of Doctor of Education. United States International University.
- Huntly, Helen (2008) Teachers’Work: Beginning Teachers’Conceptions of Competence, Thesis, and Central Queensland University
- HYNDMAN, NOEL AND LAPSLEYNew, IRVINE Public Management: The Story ContinuesFinancial Accountability & Management, 32(4), November 2016, 0267- 4424.
- Johnston, J. (2015). Public administration: Organizational aspects. International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences, 2nd edition, 19, 521-525.
- Kanter, R.M.; (2010)."When gaints learn to dance, mastering the challenges of strategy management and careers in the 1990s,” Routledge, London & New Yourk.
- Selvi, K (2010). Teacher’s competencies. International journal of philosophy of culture and axioligy, vol 1, pp 167-175
- Thompson, J. (2012). Organization in action. The science bases of administrative theory. New York: McGraw- Hill Book Company.
- Vaillant, Denise (2007). Do intitial & continuing professional development sufficiently prepare teachers to understand & cope with the compelexities of today and tomorrows education? Journal of Education chanyee. Vol. 8, No. Z. pp 175-179
- Wu, M. j & Lin, Sc (2011). Teacher’s professional growth: study on professional (pedagogical) competency development of teachers in junior colleges, Univercities of American Academy of Business.
- Zhang, X., & Bartol, K. M. (2017). Linking empowering leadership and employee creativity: The influence of psychological empowerment, intrinsic motivation, and creative process engagement. Academy of Management Journal, 53, 107– 128.
- Zohar, A. (2004). Elements of teachers' pedagogical knowledge reading instruction of higher order thinking. Journal of science teacher education. 15 (4). 293-312.